Updated 9:38 p.m. 10/18/17
Santa Rosa City Schools are Closed Through Friday 10/20
At last night's School Board meeting decisions were made on opening dates for some schools. As of this moment a decision has not been made about the reopening date for Santa Rosa High School, but will be discussed on Monday, October 23.
SRHS Information Requests 707-528-5292 Email
All official information about SRHS operations will be posted here once they are confirmed. SRHS staff, check your district email for important updates.
- PSAT The PSAT Scheduled for 10/25 has been cancelled.
- School Sports Due to poor air quality, all school sports between October 17-22 have been cancelled.
- Letter to Parents #2 Letter from Administration to parents can be viewed here.
- Letter from Principal #1 Letter from Principal Coscarelli to parents and the community can be viewed here.
- Frequently Asked Questions The District Office will be regularly updating Frequently Asked Questions about our schools at this link: srcs.link/srcstogether. and here
- Impacted Persons List A list of staff, former staff, and students who have been impacted by this disaster is being compiled, staff should check their district email to view document and provide updates.
Donations and Volunteering
- SRHS Donations A collaboration between SRHS and Hidden Valley is setting up a donation site for students, families, and staff at 741 4th Street. People who are interested in donating can drop of supplies and cash gift cards between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. from today, 10/15 through Friday, 10/20. The main priority is to collect school supplies for returning students.. They are also looking for volunteers to help with receiving and sorting. For more details Click Here.
- SRHS Foundation Donations The Santa Rosa Foundation is taking cash donations for their Fire Relief and Support Fund. The donations will be used to support staff and students of SRHS. You can make cash donation by calling Paulette Gomes at 707-571-7747. They have a form on their website to send donations by mail and will soon have a button for donations through their website. They have already given our principal $2000 to buy backpacks for students in need.
- Community Donations and Volunteering: Click this link to open an updated google doc with information on community volunteering and where to send donations. This is not connected to SRHS, but serves the whole county.
Emotional Health and Support Resources
Wildfires can be particularly stressful because the factors that influence their strength and direction can change at any moment. Communities that seem clear of danger can suddenly need to evacuate. Despite well-orchestrated and persistent fire fighting by emergency services personnel, sometimes destruction of life and property is unpreventable. It is common for people who have lived through these circumstances to experience strong emotions. Understanding normal responses to these abnormal events can aid you in coping effectively with your feelings, thoughts and behaviors as you recover from the fire. The resources below are a good place to start in helping recognize and sort through these natural emotional reactions.
- American Psychological Association This is an article that will explain many of the conflicting feelings with practical advice.
- PSAT scheduled for 10/25 is cancelled.
- All Athletics, community events, and arts performances for the week of October 16-22 are cancelled, some may be rescheduled.
- Homecoming Dance to be rescheduled.
- ASVAB rescheduling TBA.
- Quarter grades will be postponed, more information will be provided when available.
Official Government Sources for Updated information
- City Of Santa Rosa: https://srcity.org/610/Emergency-Information
- Santa Rosa City Schools: http://www.srcs.k12.ca.us
- Santa Rosa Public Information Line: 707-543-4511
- Sonoma County Missing Persons Line: 565-3856