College and Career Center
THANK YOU TO THE WONDERFUL VOLUNTEERS, STUDENTS, AND FAMILIES WHO PARTICIPATED IN MAKING COMMUNITY CARES COLLEGE APP NIGHT A FANTASTIC RESOURCE AND CARING EVENT!
Fall College Visit Calendar:
- College/University Visits to CCC Fall 2017 SEPTEMBER-NOVEMBER
- Seniors- Financial Aid Workshops! Attend any of the Cash for College Workshops in Sonoma County to receive assistance on the FAFSA or Dream Act application: Cash for College Workshops
Upcoming CCC Events:
- ASVAB & Careers in Military Fair 2017 RE-SCHEDULE DECEMBER 7
The College and Career Center is a valuable resource center:
- 2 and 4-year college information
- Financial aid and scholarship information (FAFSA and California Dream Act)
- Out-of-state college options
- Careers in military resources
- Career Technical Education resources
- SRJC resources
- Arts and Design college brochures and site visits
- Summer Job Board
- SAT/ACT information
A meeting venue and social hub:
- College nights
- College admission visits: Log-in to Naviance
- Military careers ASVAB testing and fair
- Workshops for students (application, financial aid, etc.)
- Work-based Learning activities
- Classroom visits for college and career exploration
- Gathering place for break and lunch
SRHS College and Career Links:
- Milestones Sheet - SRCS College and Career Counselors created a Milestones guideline sheet with suggestions for students at each grade level.
- Test Prep Resource Sheet - Local and online possibilities for SAT/ACT prep.
- College/University Glossary of Terms - Definitions of commonly used words in the "college world"
- Creating Your College List
- Class of 2018 Financial Aid Handbook
- Fall 2017 Concurrent Enrollment Directions - Step-by-step directions for completing SRJC concurrent enrollment.
- SRJC Steps to Success for Seniors - Useful guide for SRHS seniors planning to attend SRJC. Also, please reference SRJC Transfer Center for more information: SRJC Transfer Center
- Naviance Log-in - Access your Family Connections account.
- What Should I Ask College Reps? - This helpful guide lists a number of suggested questions for students/families to get the most out of their visit with college reps and at college fairs.
- Looking for a volunteer opportunity?
College and Career Counselor:
- Available for consultation on drop-in basis or appointment by request
- Coordinates events and field trips
- Sends out information via email to students & families
- Co-administrator of Naviance Family Connections- contact for questions
School Counselor with focus on college and career development.
Work-Based Learning Coordinator: Alex Saltzman, Social Advocates for Youth (SAY)
To learn more about WBL services at Santa Rosa High School, please see the following links:
Resources are seasonal and regularly updated.
CCC programs are developed with the aim of reaching as many students as possible, and to reflect the diverse nature of our community and myriad post-secondary options. The resources and events offered through the SRHS CCC are thoughtfully planned to promote exploration and to reassure students that there is no “one right way” to design their post-secondary plan. We strive to empower students to conduct research, and to take ownership of their post-secondary planning. Using the Naviance Family Connections platform, the Counselor is able to email students and families with information as long as they opt to add their email to their accounts. Please access your Naviance account often.
Naviance Family Connections:
Each SRHS student has a Naviance Family Connections account and is asked to use it as a research tool for career exploration and college planning. Naviance activities may be worked on during class visits to the CCC, but also can be completed from home or from any computer with Internet access. From creating a resume, to taking career interests quizzes, to connecting to college admissions office, Naviance Family Connection is an excellent resource. The homepage holds information updated by SRHS CCC and changes regularly based on local and community offerings.
Students access their account: Naviance Log-in
Watch this helpful video with log-in directions: SRCS Naviance Log-in Youtube
Username: SRHS ID #
Password: Student birthday (August 6, 1999 typed as 861999)
Computers are available for student use in the CCC.
To view the suggested activities by grade level: Naviance Activities by Grade Level
Scholarship alerts are created approximately every month and posted throughout the senior classrooms and the counseling office. However, to stay most updated please check Naviance account and the below link to the scholarship alert. While most scholarships require online applications, there are still some “Old School” applications that use paper, pencil, and stamped envelope. Paper applications are provided in the CCC in a designated Scholarship area of the Center.
Link to scholarship alert: SRHS Scholarship Alert
Left- SRCS Board Member, Ron Kristoff, SRHS Principal, Brad Coscarelli,
CCC Counselor, Jeri Jones, SRHS Former VP, Monica Baldenegro
The College and Career Center (CCC) is open for student access most days from 8:30- 3:15 p.m. M-F, closed for lunch during period 4 (11:22-12:17). Students are encouraged to “drop-in” during morning break, lunch, or directly after school. Students with a free period during the day can use this time to visit the CCC. Due to numerous class activities scheduled through the CCC during the school year, as well as various planning meetings, the CCC is open only when the College and Career Counselor is on-site and available. Parents or outside agencies are asked to call or email ahead for appointments.