Alternative High School Diploma Options
Ridgway High School- SRCS: 890-3770
High School Diploma
- Student must be 16 and meet minimum credit requirements per grade level
- A voluntary Program
- Must be enrolled in a SRCS comprehensive site to apply
- Application goes through the comprehensive site’s school counselor.
- Diploma is 180 credits (2 years math and Modern Language Waiver)
High School Diploma: ages 17-26
- Max of 30 students
- Use Odysseyware and Khan Academy for online providers
- WASC Accredited (John Muir Charter School)
- Referral process: Call and schedule a meeting with a copy of IEP and transcript.
- Grad Requirements 210- 30 english, no fl.
- Students can test out of classes with competency and gain those credits
- 3 teachers in school
- ½ day is group instruction and ½ is credit recovery.
CCNB/Conservation Corp North Bay- Rohnert Park (707) 303-3069
High School Diploma as well as GED prep/work (18-26 yo)
- Work two days a week (community Project) and school time
- Same Graduation requirements as John Muir Academy
- GED prep in english and spanish
- Students can test out of classes with competency (and be granted credits)
- Career Pathways program (friday)
- Certifications- fork lift, CPR
Petaluma Adult Ed.- Aimee Jasa 415-680-5611
High School Diploma as well as GED prep- must be 18 or older
- High School Diploma
- High School Equivalency (HiSET/GED test preparation) in English or Spanish
- Students must be18 years or older
- We honor the 130 path for students who qualify- however, it only lowers electives as everything else is already at state min.
- Must attend an in person orientation
- PAS may not be an offer of FAPE
- Students need to be self driven
- HSD classes can be done using Odysseyware or out of Textbooks (packets)
- Students have to be able to access the coursework in English for the diploma pathway
- No due dates - work at own pace
- Weekly attendance is not required, but strongly recommended
- Classes are run like a lab
- Transition support to SRJC and JobLink
- Classes are free
- Blended class option- online course work and evening in person class support:
PAS Diploma Requirements
|Life Science||10||VP Art/FL/CTE||10|
|Physical Science||10||Career Exploration||5|
During orientation students take an English and Math assessment. This is my first glimpse at how close they are to being ready for the GED/HiSET in those areas.
If the student does okay on the assessments and need about 50 or more core classes credits I tend to recommend tests prep.
Discovery Challenge Academy: 1-844-633-3301
- 15/12-18 year olds
- 22 week free residential program for mass credit recovery (65 credits)
- Located in Lanthrop Ca.
- 1 year of mentoring after completion of the program
- Does prep for GED or CHSPE if that is a goal
- “Cadets” receive job and life skills
Students must want to attend and succeed in making a change.
Hanna Boys Center: 707-933-2560
- Grades 9-12
- Residential program for boys, designed for those with behaviour issues
- Students must volunteer for the program
- Catholic based-offers spirituality/prayer daily
- Program follows trauma based systems
- Grad requirements-Minimum CA requirements, 130 credits
- Tuition is minimal to free
- Located in Sonoma, CA
SRJC: GED testing and Prep Classes- 707-527-4305
- 18 or older offered in English and Spanish
- Student must not be enrolled in a high school
- Student can enroll in self paced prep classes for no credit at the JC
- Students have to enroll in CCC (and get ID#) to access the classes
- Tests are offered regularly, sign up with the testing center
- Free Practice tests are available on the testing site.
There are many charter schools in the area (free/no tuition) and some are exclusively online. For more information about charter schools that may fit your student’s needs, please do an internet search with the words: Charter school, sonoma county, alternative. Some high school online charter schools are below:
- California Pacific Charter - Sonoma
- California Virtual Academy @ Sonoma
- Orchard View (minimum CA grad requirements)- (707 823-4709)
- Pathways Charter
- Pivot Charter School - North Bay
- California Connections Academy- (220 only 20 credits of math)
- Career Online High School: 19 or older, Online taught courses, must be comfortable reading writing and speaking in English and using technology. Earn High School diploma as well as career certificate in a high growth field.