University of California (UC) and Cal State University (CSU)
UC/CSU Admission Requirements:
UC/CSU GPA Calculation:
UC and CSU schools use all grades from the summer prior to 10th grade through the summer after 11th grade to determine your GPA for admissions purposes. California applicants must earn a C or better in all A-G or college-preparatory courses.
Honors/AP Credit for UC and CSU Schools:
- You will receive an extra point for each semester of a UC honors-level course, with a maximum of 8 points between 10th and 11th grades in courses where you earned a C or better.
- Honors courses are Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate Higher Level (IB HL) and designated Standard Level (IB SL) courses, UC-transferable college courses and UC-certified honors courses that appear on your school's course list.
- For 10th grade, you cannot use more than 4 honors points.
- One college course = one grade = one honors point.
- UC will grant honors weight for AP or IB courses only, but not for school-designated honors courses.