English Learners Advisory Committee (ELAC)
Each school with 21 or more English learners (also known as LEP students), regardless of language, must form a functioning English learner advisory committee (ELAC) or subcommittee of an existing advisory committee.
What is the main function of ELAC?
The purpose of the ELAC (or subcommittee), if appropriate, is to advise the principal and school staff on programs and services for English Learners.
What are the goals or required tasks of ELAC?
The committee advises (reviews and comments) on at least the following:
- Development of the School Plan for Student Achievement.
- The school's program for English learners.
- Development of the school's needs assessment.
- Administration of the school's annual language census.
- Ways to make parents aware of the importance of regular school attendance.
When are the meetings?
Last Tuesday of each month at 6:00-7:30 p.m. in Rm. 144. With the exceptions of December and May.
Tuesday, October 30 Minutes
Tuesday, November 27 Minutes
Tuesday, February 26 Minutes
Tuesday, March 26 Minutes
Tuesday, April 23 Minutes
Ms. Vasquez has been a dedicated educator since 2001 and is a devoted advocate for staff, students, and parents.
MEAP Advisor: Luis Orozco