English Learners Advisory Committee (ELAC)
Each school with 21 or more English learners (also known as LEP students), regardless of language, must form a functioning English learner advisory committee (ELAC) or subcommittee of an existing advisory committee.
What is the main function of ELAC?
The purpose of the ELAC (or subcommittee), if appropriate, is to advise the principal and school staff on programs and services for English Learners. The District also has a District-wide committee called DELAC. Their schedule and information can be found here.
What are the goals or required tasks of ELAC?
The committee advises (reviews and comments) on at least the following:
- Development of the School Plan for Student Achievement.
- The school's program for English learners.
- Development of the school's needs assessment.
- Administration of the school's annual language census.
- Ways to make parents aware of the importance of regular school attendance.
When are the meetings?
Third Wednesday of each month at 6:30-7:30 p.m. in the College and Career Center.
Agendas and Minutes
ELAC Agendas 2021-2022
- October 5th, 2021 Minutes
- November 2, 2021 Minutes
- December 7, 2021 Minutes
- January 25, 2022 Minutes
- March 8, 2022 Minutes
- April 26, 2022 Minutes
DELAC Agendas 2021-2022
ELAC Agendas 2020-2021
- September 17, 2020, zoom meeting Minutes
- October 22, 2020 zoom meeting Minutes
- November 19, 2020 Minutes
- January 21, 2021 Minutes
- February 23, 2021 Minutes
- March 30, 2021 Minutes
- April 27, 2021 Minutes
- May N/A
ELAC Agendas 2019-2020
- Wednesday, 9/18 Minutes
- Wednesday, 11/20 Minutes
- Wednesday, 1/15 Minutes
- Wednesday, 2/19 Minutes
- Wednesday, 3/31 Minutes
ELAC Agendas 2018-2019
- Tuesday, September 25 Minutes
- Tuesday, October 30 Minutes
- Tuesday, November 27 Minutes
- Tuesday, January 29 ES Minutes
- Tuesday, February 26 Minutes
- Tuesday, March 26 Minutes
- Tuesday, April 23 Minutes
Family Engagement Facilitator