ArtQuest Lenaea Awards
Graduation Ceremony Information
Class of 2023 Graduation
Friday, June 2nd
6:00 PM, Gates open at 5:30 PM. Graduates must arrive by 5:00 PM at the SRHS Baseball field to line up for the graduation procession.
Mandatory Graduation Practice for all seniors participating in the June 2 graduation ceremony
- Graduation Practice: June 1st, 1:30-3:24 PM, Seniors report to Nevers Field at 1:30 PM.
- Graduation Practice and Senior Breakfast: On June 2nd, Seniors report to Nevers Field no later than 9:15 am. for practice.
- Graduation Rehearsal is from 9:30 am until the rehearsal is completed.
Mandatory Graduation Practices:
Seniors who do not attend BOTH graduation practices will not participate in the graduation ceremony. There will be NO exceptions. If you are not at practice, your name will not be called at graduation, and you will not have a seat on the field. If you have a question about graduation practices, please get in touch with Alexandra Dido in the Assistant Principal's Office.
Senior Slide Show and Senior Breakfast, June 2, 2023, 8:30 am
Available in the Panther Business Office May 18-May 26
Seniors receive five tickets each. They can pick their tickets up from the Business Office on May 18-May 23, from 8:30 AM- 3:30 PM. Seniors must be off the LOP list to pick up their tickets. There is no “reservation” of seats for our graduation: it is first come/first-serve seating. There is a handicapped seating area on the track.
Additional Tickets: Three additional tickets per student may be purchased on May 30-31 for $10 each.
Black Graduation Cap and Gown are Required
Graduate Regalia (Cap, Gown, & Tassel) are required for participation in the graduation ceremony. Students are required to follow the SRHS dress code under graduation gowns.
Dress Code - Graduate Regalia Guidelines for Add-Ons
Graduation is considered an extracurricular activity, and students are not mandated to participate in the ceremony, nor are students guaranteed participation if expectations for participation and behavior are not met. The Santa Rosa Administration reserves the right to disallow anything not considered appropriate for the commencement ceremony. If the disallowed items worn by a student cannot be removed from the cap for the ceremony, you will not have a graduation cap to wear for the ceremony. Inappropriate attire or behavior may lead to ejection from participation in the ceremony.
- Gowns may not be altered unless changing the gown's length fits the student's height. Graduation gowns cannot be shorter than mid-calf length.
- Caps may be decorated with appropriate school designs reflecting each graduate. Please review the policy on decorating caps below.
- Cords, Stoles & Sashes related to a student’s academic and extra-curricular achievements at Santa Rosa High School are allowed.
Graduation Cap Decoration Guidelines
It is appropriate to put the following on your cap:
- Thank someone in your life (family, friend, or another appropriate person)
- Recognize the university, JC, CSU, or trade school you will be attending
- Your graduation year
- The branch of the military you will be joining
- An appropriate quote
- Your intended career plans
If you decorate your graduation cap, consider the following information:
- It cannot contain any advertisement, symbols, abbreviations, initials, words, slogans, patches, or pictures that: Refer to drugs or controlled substances, tobacco, alcohol, weapons, or sexualized graphic, and the administration will determine this.
- It cannot denote an affiliation with gangs or groups or individuals who advocate or are associated with drug use, violence, illegal activity, or disruptive behavior that is detrimental to the safety and welfare of others. The administration will determine this if we don’t know what it means or if it means possibly anything that is considered questionable it will not be allowed.
- It cannot be obscene, profane, vulgar, or lewd, and the administration will determine this; it will not be allowed.
- It cannot include numbers or Roman numerals other than the graduation year. 2023.
- It cannot make noise. No bells, horns, or anything that makes noise
- Only the flat, top area of the mortarboard may be decorated. Nothing can rise above or hang down from any part of the cap.
Graduation Ceremony Pictures and Videos
Pictures: Photographers will photograph students receiving their diploma cover during the ceremony. Information on purchasing pictures of that moment will be shared before the ceremony. All graduates will be photographed during the ceremony.
Livestream: The ceremony will be recorded and live-streamed on the Santa Rosa High School Youtube Channel. In addition, a highlights video will also be created and shared free of charge with families and graduates. Live Video Production & Streaming services provided by Sound Ideas Media. www.soundideas.biz
Diploma Pick Up
June 12-23, 2023, Monday-Friday in the SRHS Counseling Office
Students do not receive their diplomas as they walk across the stage and are given a diploma holder. All diplomas issued by Santa Rosa High School are inscribed with the legal name of each student as it appears in the school’s data system. Diplomas will be available for pick-up starting Monday, June 12-23 (the 19th is a holiday), or after August 1 from 9-12 or 1-2:30 pm in the Santa Rosa High School Counseling Office. Students must show a picture ID (an ID picture on the phone is acceptable) to pick up their diploma.
Thank you to our SRHS Project Grad Team and the Panther Foundation for all they do to support the Class of 2023!
The Party is ON! - Santa Rosa High School Project Grad is excited to announce that we will host our full-blown Safe and Sober graduation party for all Class of 2023 Seniors. The party will open immediately after graduation and will finish at 3 am. The Project Grad team is purchasing thousands of dollars in prizes, reserving entertainers and food and drink vendors, and planning a special event for your 2023 seniors. Please look for more information, but here are some essential points to remember. We aim to keep your child safe on graduation night by providing an engaging and memorable event. Your child will not be able to leave the event early, and we don’t think they will want to with the plans we have in place.
The party will start immediately after graduation (June 2, 8:00 PM to 3:00 AM) on the SRHS campus. Please remember this as you think about family activities on graduation day. Students will not be allowed to enter after 10 pm. Registration packets will be required with ticket purchases (also on the ProjectGrad website).
$75- Purchase by April 30th (Best deal!!)
$85- Purchase between May 1- 31st
$100- Purchase after June 1st
Senior Yard Signs are Available for Purchase in the Santa Rosa High Student Store!
To help fund our party, we will sell Senior Yard signs for $25. These will all be done by pre-order. Yard signs will be available in mid-April. Please use the following link for project grad to preorder your Senior Yard Sign.
Visit the SRHS Project Grad Website to register your student for the party, volunteer to help, and purchase a Senior Yard Sign for the Class of 2023.
Follow us on Instagram! santarosa_projectgrad